Work For Us
- Conference Coordinator - Auckland
Conference Coordinator – Auckland
- Do you have experience in the business events sector – this may include conferences, tourism, hospitality, membership organisations or associations?
- Do you enjoy working in a supportive and dynamic team environment?
- Are you looking for a long-term position where you can utilise and develop your skills?
Then you could be the perfect fit for the Conference Innovators (CI) team!
CI is expanding and we're looking for a committed and enthusiastic conference coordinator to join our Auckland office and assist our event management team.
A CINZ-approved PCO, CI has delivered hundreds of outstanding conferences throughout Australia and New Zealand since 1995. As well as all the exciting international events we've managed, we've built a long list of valued regular national clients we love working with – and they love working with us!
We're a close-knit team of 20, with offices in Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland. We provide a supportive and dynamic environment for our staff, encouraging them to develop and thrive as leading event professionals.
About The Role
As a CI Conference Coordinator, you will be responsible for assisting our Conference Managers in the successful delivery – from start to finish - of 3-4 conferences per year. You will be responsible for providing ongoing project support and administration, and maintaining excellent working relationships with all suppliers and clients. You will have the opportunity to work with our many regular conference clients, as well as work on larger one-off international events.
To excel in this role, you must be:
- Experienced – at least two years' experience in an administration role - and in the conference, event or tourism industry is a big plus!
- Organised – able to balance multiple demands, prioritise and multitask to meet pressure deadlines with accuracy and efficiency.
- A 'people person' – we pride ourselves on both our fantastic team dynamic and our enduring relationships with suppliers and clients alike.
- Technology-savvy – experienced with MS Office Suite, website building and e-marketing/social media.
- Professional and results-driven – with a focus on delivering events of the highest quality which exceed our clients' expectations.
- Solutions-orientated – showing initiative and thinking creatively to overcome potential challenges.
Salary will be dependent on skills and experience. Some domestic travel may be required as part of the role.
How to apply:
If you tick all the right boxes then we'd love to hear from you! Please complete an application for employment (below). This application must be completed and returned to Alice Templeton firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV for your application to be considered.
Applications close 4.00pm Friday 28 April 2017 or whenever the perfect person presents themselves!
Applications will only be accepted from those who visit this website first and submit their CV with the application form supplied. A job description will then be provided for suitable candidates, with confidentiality maintained.
Download application form here
For further information on this role please contact:
Alice Templeton, Executive and Business Development Assistant to the Director
Phone 03 379 0390
PO Box 7191, Christchurch 8240
Building 1, 195 Main Highway
Ellerslie, PO Box 11 954
Unit 2, 11 Tussock Lane
PO Box 7191 Sydenham
Christchurch 8240, New Zealand